Y’all! I am ready for fall, and a change of scenery with pumpkins, and pumpkin waffle candles a burning! It’s technically not until September 22, but as soon as pumpkin hits the shelves at Trader Joe’s my happy season has begun. I had my first PSL from Starbucks on August 29 – fall is my favorite!
This recipe from Crazy for Crust for Pumpkin Coffee Cake will be your new fall friend. Here’s the thing, it doesn’t call for any eggs. Don’t panic, it turns out fine (I was worried, so I wanted to offer you some reassurance).
For the Coffee Cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour (I used pastry flour)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup pure pumpkin puree (I swear by Trader Joe’s organic canned pumpkin)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup nonfat milk
For the Streusel
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9×9” pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
Stir in pumpkin, vegetable oil, vanilla and milk until mixed. Pour into prepared pan. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix melted butter with 1/4 cup flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir with a fork to
combine. Spread on top of pumpkin cake layer.
4. Bake 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted 2” from the side of the pan comes out clean.
5. Store covered on the counter for up to 2 days or freeze for up to one month
This recipe along with 400 other yummy recipes for breads and muffins can be found on my Pinterest board. Please feel free to follow!