I love to try new recipes especially when they are featured in Southern Living magazine. This is a recipe from their June issue for Peach Mojitos.
I have mint growing everywhere in the garden and the peaches were really good looking at Walmart. So, I decided to give this little cocktail a whirl.
• 2 large peaches (about 1 lb.), unpeeled and chopped
• 1/2 cup superfine sugar (be sure to use superfine like the recipe says — it dissolves alot quicker)
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
• 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
• 4 cups club soda, chilled
• 2 cups white rum
• Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, peach wedges
1. Process first 3 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. (Yield should be about 2 cups.)
2. Muddle mint leaves against bottom and sides of a glass pitcher to release flavors. (Leaves will be bruised and torn.) Add club soda, rum, and peach mixture; stir to combine. Serve immediately over ice.
Hints: I made the syrup mixture up the night before, covered it with plastic wrap and refrigerated it. Then, the next day I made up the drinks. I actually tripled the syrup mixture and had some left over.
Be sure to wear your hostess skirt while drinking.