I signed up to teach our adult Sunday school class tomorrow. For about a month I have been thinking about what to share. Recently, I picked up a copy of one of my favorite magazines Life:Beautiful. I have posted about this lovely magazine before.
The photography is ethereal and the articles are inspiring. I read an article by Joyce Meyer entitled Enjoying Everyday Life: Six Things You Should Focus on Everyday and knew this was the message I wanted to share.
I have really enjoyed my summer with Miss Bee. Relaxed summer days, a slower pace at my job, no homework to do every evening, no lunches to pack, or hurried mornings preparing and serving breakfast before the bus comes. I am hoping I can keep this peaceful feeling despite the approaching first day of school. I know when my hurry and anxiousness bubbles to the surface Miss Bee is sure to feel it. Do I want to empose these feelings on her? So, this is my message. Six things I can work on everyday that will help the “Keep Calm, Carry On” mantra in my life:
1. Feel Blessed — Start the day with the right attitude and focus
2. Be Thankful — Treat everyday like Thanksgiving. Say thank you more often
3. Offer Encouragement — Build up those around me
4. Be Truthful — Admit your weaknesses and make hard choices
5. Make God’s Word Your Vocabulary — Make time for God’s company everyday
6. Be Quiet — Listen Before You Speak — Hold Your Tongue. Are your words really necessary?