I am going to be your very best friend when you make these for your family…because they are SOOOO good. I came across the recipe on Pinterest and I think they are going to be a frequent dinner — Miss Bee loved them, ate it all and went back for seconds.
The recipe is really easy and calls for the Old El Paso Stand & Stuff Taco Shells…
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Old El Paso Hot & Spicy Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomato, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 10 Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
- 1/2 (16 ounce) can Old El Paso Refried Beans
- 2 cups Mexican Blend Cheese, shredded
- Your favorite toppings- sliced Jalapenos, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and green chiles. Stir to combine fully. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
5. Place the taco shells in the baking dish, standing up. I was able to get 10 shells in my baking dish.
6. Spoon 1 tablespoon of beans into the bottom of each taco shell. Top with the chicken mixture, almost to the top of each shell.
7. Sprinkle each shell generously with shredded cheese, the more the better!8. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and the edges of the shells are browned.
9. Remove from the oven and top with your favorite items such as jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa.
Be sure to check out my Pinterest Weeknight Dinners board for more delicious recipes!