Here’s a lively twist on a classically chic cocktail perfect for a St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
When crafting cocktails we love incorporating seasonal ingredients. While apples are typically thought of as a part of the fall harvest, tart green apples offer a crispness for the sunny spring days, while ginger provides a warming flavor profile for the cooler nights. Shake this cocktail up for a cozy night in or as a dessert pairing at your next dinner party.
We love cocktails that are a bit more of an experience to mix up, as it makes them all the more worthwhile. However, if you’re not feeling quite like Betty Crocker, you can easily substitute a premade simple syrup alongside a high-quality store bought apple juice — it will be our little secret!
- 1 green apple
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup chopped ginger
- To create your apple-ginger simple syrup bring the water, sugar, ginger, and peel of the green apple to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Quickly transfer the simple syrup pan to a cold ice bath, stirring occasionally. Once cooled strain the simple syrup to remove the apple peel and ginger.
- Place the peeled green apple into a juicer, and strain if necessary.
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the vodka, 2 ounces of the apple-ginger simple syrup, and ⅓ cup of the apple juice. Shake well, and pour into two martini glasses.
- Garnish with a fresh apple slice or apple peel garland. Enjoy!