I love everything about fall — the cooler weather, decorating the house with autumnal colors, the smell of cinnamon, pumpkin spice lattes and the list goes on. Which makes me think of Mother. Every season, especially in the summer, she would have me write a “bucket” list of things I wanted to see, do, or accomplish. It was a lot of fun for us to draw a line through the things we did. What are your “musts” for the season? Here’s my list for fall…
- Buy a cart full of pumpkin spice foods at Trader Joe’s.
- Wear boots.
- Have a fire in the fireplace.
- Watch TV outside by the fire.
- Sleep under a pile of blankets.
- Lounge in sweatpants.
- Brew pumpkin spice coffee.
- Bake and eat pumpkin bread (Trader Joe’s sells the best box mix).
- Burn fall-scented candles.
- Decorate the house and porch for fall.
- Start putting together my Thanksgiving menu.
- Shop for Halloween candy.
Open windows in the house to bring in the cool breeze(done a few weeks ago)
- Change out bed linens to fall blankets and pillows.
Visit a pumpkin farm(did this last weekend in Granbury. Picked fresh from the vine at Arison Farm) Go on a hayride(ditto)
- Carve a pumpkin.
- Eat pumpkin seeds (Trader Joe’s is supposed to have whatelse — pumpkin spice pumpkin seeds).
- Make pumpkin pie (or any kind of pie for that matter).
- Watch countdown to Christmas on the Hallmark Channel.
- Start listening to Christmas music on November 1. Don’t be shocked. I have done this for about 20 years and it makes me happy.
- Use my crock pot more to make soups.
- Bake cookies — of all kinds. I am an equal opportunity cookie maker and eater.
- Wear my houseshoes.
- Make breakfast for dinner while the fireplace is going (reminds me of my childhood for some reason).
- Watch the movie Halloween.
That’s it for now. But, we’re not done! You have to comment what your “must” is for fall. It’s not fair if I told you and you don’t share. I love to read your comments! And it might inspire me to try something new. Happy fall y’all!