Mr. Bee is officially retired. He is so excited. He has a bucket list of things he wants to do:
- Be a substitute teacher — I would rather roll myself in honey and be fed to a pack of red ants, but if this makes him happy, then go for it.
- Go to Culinary School — he says he will be making dinner for us. Meatloaf, he reported, is his first meal. Gives me images of Will Ferrell in the Wedding Crashers.
- Become a certified auto mechanic — he loves to work on cars. His Porsche dealer friend said Mr. Bee could hang with him in the garage.
- Take a glass blowing class
- Learn to play the guitar
- Plant me a vegetable garden
- Be a mall Santa Claus — he has already started the beard
He retired after 19 years of service from the state, and many more years before that practicing law. The Department presented him with a flag, framed in a shadow box, that had been flown over the Texas State Capitol.
Co-workers gave him gag gifts all week — jigsaw puzzles, crock pot liners, Soap Opera Digest, etc..Most of all, he is looking forward to being a Mr. Mom to Miss Bee. I am really happy and excited for him. It will definitely add more comedic fodder to my blog. The wife of a retiree. Chasing me around in my house coat.