I am so smitten with a beautiful magazine cover. Isn’t it funny how the art on the cover can pull you in before you even see the content shared inside of the issue? It just goes to show you how important high quality, artistic photography can be to the consumer.
First — is my Spring 2017 issue of the Magnolia Journal. Each issue focuses on a specific inspiring topic — this one is simplicity.
Three highlights from this issue:
- A Girlfriend Gathering learning something new — hosting a floral workshop.
- Blended Health — restorative smoothie recipes whole fruits and vegetables
- Joanna’s Favorite Lemon Pie
Second is Taste of Home: The Complete Brunch Cookbook. 108 recipes for unforgettable gatherings. It features everything from appetizers and beverages, baked entrees, pancakes and waffles, oatmeal, cereal and fruit, quick breads and yeast breads. So pretty much anything!
- Loved this recipe for an appetizer Almond-Bacon Cheesy Crostini.
I think it’s always nice to have a bite and a sip for your guests when they arrive for a party.
- Bacon and Eggs Pizza a perfect alternative to the traditional egg casserole.
- Decadent Dark Chocolate Granola I have fallen in love with granola. I love it on top of my Trader Joe’s vanilla bean Greek yogurt. Recently, when I visited Bird Bakery, my favorite bakery, they had jars of their granola for purchase and it inspired me what a great gift that would be! Similar French canning jars are here from The Container Store. For your brunch gathering you could put out several yogurt flavor choices, assorted berries, honey and a jar of granola. Add a batch of muffins, hot coffee and mimosas and your girlfriends will be thrilled!
Third is Mingle: Creative Ideas for Unique Gatherings. If you want to host a party and need ideas for something new and creative, this magazine is a perfect reference. All the ideas are submitted from bloggers, party planners and enthusiasts and creative people.
Three fun ideas:
- Backyard Wine Tasting from One Stylish Party. Look at these adorable sugar cookies she served!
- And an “Under the Stars” Celebration from Twinkle Twinkle Little Party. Toss some cute pillows on the lawn, gaze up at the stars, and…
meet me at S’more Station…look how clever! We will be hosting our Sunday School class this spring for a cookout…I am thinking I may have to copy this idea. How fun!
So, that’s the word on my three favorite spring magazines. I subscribe to Magnolia Journal, but I know they carry it at Barnes and Noble along with the other two magazines. I hope you’re inspired, I know I am!